Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

[sharechat] Truncated Posts - a probable solution? Maybe?

From: jerrold poh <jerm@musician.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 23:30:11 +1300

> What e-mail software are you using Phaedrus?   There are rules that
> recommend how e-mail software is designed, called RFCs,  so that we
> can all read each other's mail.   RFC 2045 says that lines MUST not be
> longer than 76 characters when encoded as 'quoted-printable'.  This
> isn't necessarily a fixed line used by all e-mail software designers.
> But I'm willing to bet that some of your 'lines', or length of text
> between carriage returns are considerably longer than that!

Worked alright for me, what has me is that it could be the mailing list
which could be doing this ... did you add yourself to the list fairly
recently, cos maybe someone (or maybe an automatic upgrade)  could've
changed it so that emails are sent only up to a fixed size (I know this
is an option in the mailman mailing list servers), so yeah, the list
admin might have to fix that up ...  otherwise, I have no idea :/

Jerrold.