Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] nzse40 chart?

From: "Nick Kearney" <nickk@quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:36:51 +1300

----- Original Message -----
From: G Stolwyk
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 8:37 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [sharechat] nzse40 chart?

Good one Peter!

Generally spoken, those who bought reliable Capital Notes/ Local Body paper and similar instruments some time ago, are in the clover, I believe.

And as the US is apparently still bent on reducing interest rates further, then, in the short term there is some growth here!
I have put aside something in that field but as a stock picker also have to be ready to "strike".

I am greatly concerned about some of the advice given in often such an easy manner by some financial intermediaries.

Timing is essential as far as I am concerned. And if I were to go in investment trusts, I would pick the time and not leave it to them to pick.
.
Peter, you referred to the difficult problems re earnings by US companies.

 And that is one area I would be loath to invest in, unless one is a stock picker and can clearly see a good catch, which won't be often.

Over the years a lot of capital has been destroyed, much by poor advice, and I am absolutely horrified!

No reflection on any present financial councillors. But I am concerned that many still think in black and white while the colour of the present investment status is grey!

DON'T YOU MEAN RED!!!!!

NK

Gerry