Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: [sharechat] what to sell?

From: nickk@quicksilver.net.nz
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 23:55:48 GMT

Jef

I'd ditch your losses.

If you keep them then you have no cash working for you.  You need the $$$
next week, therefore will use that up, and what will remain are two poor
stocks.  I'm, not criticising your stock selection cos I hold RMG.  It's
just that I don't have to sell and I always was prepared to hold them long
term.

I can't see any justification in selling your winners except to take some
profit.  If you do that, you are left with canines (as u put it!).

However, be prepared to sell your winners soon if you have to.

Then again, it all depends on how much $$$ you need and what $$$ amounts
you are holding.

Cheers

NK