Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] LACO.AX : What are the prospects?

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 19:33:31 +1300

Introduction:

Interesting times coming up for LACO? It could be:

TOL and LAC have made a combined bid for important Federal Govt. Railway assets. We already knew that.

Toll had their AGM yesterday. The Chairman mentioned that the outcome of the Railway tender will be known before Nov. 30, 2001, only a few weeks away!

He also said that the Australian Government will pay due regard to the country's interest as a whole, with particular emphasis on the rationalisation of the Railway system.

As such, the highest bidder may not necessarily win.
Both TOL and LAC are all-Australian  companies.

The CEO of LAC has also been closely involved in a Government study of  a proposed new railway to one of the ports.

( My " Working at the coal face" series will be completed on Dec.5, 2001. I am very keen to substitute a higher value for one of the components: LACO! ).

Incidentally, TDG Logistics is now 100% owned by LAC.

LAC web site: < http://www.lang.com.au/ >

Those are my opinions,

Gerry
Holds LACO.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] Price Charts Pheadrus et al G Stolwyk