Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

[sharechat] Genesis vs Bliss

From: "george souros" <g_sourous@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:01:58 +0000

In light of the current World Situation (Anthrax attacks etc) I have been
doing some number crunching on biotechs on offer in this region of the
globe. What I am having trouble understanding is how a company in the case
of Genesis with approx $40million+ cash in the bank & revenues of $12m p.a.
be worth only marginally more than another Biotech, Bliss, which has approx
$5m in the bank and revenues of only $400,000 p.a.??!!
Is Bliss a better company than Genesis or is this a situation of Bliss being
another "South Island Mafia" Tulip bulb scheme? Seems to be lower trading
volumes of Bliss compared to Genesis and as we all know stocks tightly held
in good times drives prices up but when the mania stops will this be a SMR
type shareprice disaster for Bliss shareholders???
Comments would be appreciated
Disc. Hold none of the above