Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

[sharechat] Charting

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:16:29 -0700 (PDT)

Jared,
      All good charting software gives you the option of plotting weekends
and/or holidays on the X axis. Most people leave weekends out. Plotting them
serves no useful purpose, and as you have noticed, adding them does distort the
plot to some extent. It's not hard to set up a spreadsheet with weekdays only
on the X axis.
  I can't open your attached .xls file to see what you have achieved. I have
Version 7. Maybe it is too old.
  Don't knock Excel - you can do a lot with it. Did you know it can draw
Japanese Candlesticks for you?
      Regards,
               Phaedrus.