Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2001

[sharechat] CAH

From: "geoff_julie" <gk_jawalker@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 22:16:07 +1300

RE:  my email dated 7 Sep (titled: Overseas Sentiment and our NZ market?).

surprise, surprise, CAH produces yet another woeful result and predicts better times ahead.  Funny though, they said that last year, and the year before that, and yes, the year before that.....  Heck, it has to be better next year doesn't it, oops, I mean the year after next, no after that, ......

Peter's email comments sum up CAH perfectly - "Earnings are 1.1% of sales and return on shareholders funds over the last 12 months is now 0.8%".  Absolutely, positively pathetic!

I have a solution that might satisfy the long suffering CAH shareholders.  At the next AGM put a motion to the board (and the 33 highly paid managers...) that they sell ALL the company assets and invest the proceeds into a bank call a/c.  At least the shareholders would get a guaranteed half decent return and a dividend.

Still, I'm sure that companies like FFS, TEL, etc. will produce the goods this year, like they have in previous years for their beleagured shareholders......

Regards

Geoff

disc.  don't hold or intend to buy CAH shares

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] CAH SWLEE