Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] Air New Zealand

From: <nickkearney@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 1:59:24 +0000

Paul & Co

Exactly.  Made $400 million profit last year.  Loss this year.  Senior staff
getting the chop.  Thanks Marion.

Either they 1. Sell it or 2. Turn it into state funded propoganda.  Can't have
it both ways.  Or is this Comrade Helen's 'third way'?

Cheers

NK

> From: Paul.Menneer@sealedair.com
> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:56:52 +1300
> To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
> Subject: Re: Re: [sharechat] Air New Zealand
>

> Further to that line of reasoning consider TVNZ. Suddenly, the goalposts
> have been shifted and now there is a high liklihood that they will make a
> loss next year leaving the taxpayers to foot the bill.
>
> Paul Menneer
>

> "Colin Ross" <ceejaynz@xtra.co.nz>@sharechat.co.nz on 18/09/2001 09:52:01
>
> Please respond to sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
>
> Sent by:  owner-sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
>

> To:   <sharechat@sharechat.co.nz>
> cc:
>
> Subject:  Re: Re: [sharechat] Air New Zealand
>

> .  If these are so important they  should be 100% Government owned,
> otherwise they should be "pure commercial"  interests.  {This is why I
> don't think Telstra is a great stock.}
>

> Gary, your comment struck a very loud bell with me.   Having a Government
> for a business partner can be a very difficult situation.  Until recently
> we owned a Community Pharmacy, and were, and still are,  appalled at the
> way goal-posts can be moved, and how quickly.
>
> I'm sure the same applies to even large businesses where  "Kiwi" shares and
> such are in place.
> As investors, we need to be aware of this, and  cautious.
>
> Ceejay

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] QBE Roller Coaster Ride Gary Wilson - Brisbane