Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

[sharechat] QBE Roller Coaster Ride

From: "dsproul" <dsproul@corsairmarine.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 13:15:17 +1200

I suppose this might have occurred with other stocks, but :

Yesterday, upon notifying ASX of its higher than previously thought exposure to World Trade Centre claims, and that the company may have its entire  2001/2002 profit wiped out,QBE dropped from $9.23 to $5.79.

Even so, considering at $5.79, the stock was maybe a little oversold , I considered an investment in this company at around the $5.80.

At 12.05  , just after opening , QBE was at $6.50..  Oh well, I thought , it was a good idea at the time!! ............... And left to do some other work.

I just happened to glance at the Television screen at CNBC at 12.40 and noticed QBE trading at $5.15!!

Rushing back to my computer to turn on  Stocknessmonster, , which showed last sale at $5.39. Hitting the refresh button , last sale was $5.48.  As I write this,  trading at $5.60.

IN  A LITTLE OVER AN HOUR , QBE HAS RANGED FROM $6,65  DOWN TO $5.00 , AND BACK TO $5.60.

I put in a rather optimistic buy order at $5.15 and am now turning the computer off . But who knows..............

Dave
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Sproul;David
FN:David Sproul
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:dsproul@corsairmarine.com
REV:20010918T011517Z
END:VCARD

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] Air New Zealand Paul.Menneer