Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

[sharechat] Ebet

From: "Brad Rossi" <brad_rossi@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 05:06:28

I share the optimism regarding Ebet's future, but am concerned about
(amongst other things) the exorbitant granting of stock options to the board
of directors. 11 million just recently! They will, if converted, seriously
dilute the shareholding that the rest of us hold. This time last year there
were 4 million options granted (many will have expired by now). I shudder to
think how many option warrants they will grant themselves when the company
actually turns a profit. Keith Cullen, the managing director, already pulls
in a nearly $300K salary, and is the largest beneficiary of the option
issues - all whilst running a company that increased its losses by 89% this
financial year.

It took me quite some time to determine the complete amounts, exercise
prices, and final dates for exercising the options, from the 2000 annual
report. The information on them was spread throughout the report rather than
as a complete list. I can only surmise they are quite happy for the
information to be difficult to collate (although i have as yet not checked
other Australian annual reports to see how other companies report their
options).

I am unsure of my commitment to this company given the above.

Silverfox