Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: [sharechat] halfwit air

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:00:14 +1000

Snoopy, that's an absolutely brilliant account of the whole crisis - thanks.

I can report from "across the ditch" that anti-Air NZ and indeed anti-NZ
feelings are running high, being fanned by the unions and (to a lesser
extent) the media.

The biggest problem at the moment is that every party has their own agenda
and therefore puts a different spin on the events.

This is probably a case Christopher Byron from the New York Observer would
relish.  On a different note, his latest piece bashing the Compaq-HP merger
is a great read:

It begins...

"There's a scene in Mel Brooks' History of the World: Part I when the
sadistic Torquemada tortures people by plucking out their chest hairs one by
one. These days, Torquemada could have gotten the same result by forcing his
victims to listen, minute after excruciating minute, to the
investor-relations conference call whereby Hewlett-Packard Company's
chairwoman and chief executive, Carly Fiorina, sought to drum up enthusiasm
for her company's $25 billion desperation merger deal with Compaq Computer
Corporation...

For more click here:

http://www.observer.com/pages/envelope.asp

Best Regards