Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

[sharechat] Security Holder Information for Public Companies

From: "George Hill" <ghill@buzzavox.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 16:01:34 +1200

Is it possible to find out the distribution of ordinary shareholders
(no. of holders by size of shareholding) other than via a company's
annual report?

I've been following the trades of Genesis Research over the past few
months, and from my limited resources (viz. www.stocknessmonster.com )I
get the impression that generally the sellers are small holders ... With
the buyers tending to be buying in larger parcels.

Since 75% of the shareholders at 19/1/01 had holding of less than 5,000
shares I'm wondering whether Genesis share register is shrinking in no.
of shareholders, with proportionately fewer small holders. And (as a
small holder myself) am hoping that this might be beneficial in the
event of, say, a favourable annual report or other good news item.

So: back to my original question. Is there a way that I can find out the
shareholder distribution pattern in a public co. like Genesis, other
than waiting for their next annual report?

George Hill

Discl. Hold GEN

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Air NZ - the blame game Phil Boeyen