Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: [sharechat] The current status of Teletext.

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:09:36 +1200

Reference: My post of 3 Sept., 2001.

I understood that some form of reply were to be sent by Teletext.
But at my second approach, I had the impression that Teletext had heard of Sharechat!

I don't expect a statement now but am more interested in the solution of the issues involved:

1. The Data feed comes from the NZSE and there can be a breakdown from time to time.
Incidentally, after I mentioned that the 40 Index can be say 2005 points but not 22005 as was on TV, this was fixed up.

2.Although the issues discussed with Teletext covered details eg. their new equipment and the software to go with it, I am not al liberty to discuss these and it won't serve any purpose anyhow.

3. Rest assured that Teletext is aware of the importance of the share pages and I am sure that they will be aware of further approaches should this system break down frequently!

4. I think that as a consequence of new parts having arrived in the country in the last few days, most of the problems have been overcome. There is now a very good coverage.

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] The current status of Teletext. G Stolwyk