Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] dpc

From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 13:05:11 +1200

Hi Mike
DPC  seem to have opted in accumulation at present but they I think believe that the synergy affect will take care of any unforessen problems with the ecomony. Management seem to have their heads screwed in place as they are investing in common thread areas. If I remember reading an article way back when the shareprice was sliding away from its high of $1.60 that one of the reasons (apart from shortage
of shares..supply/demand. then oversupply ..profit taking etc) was that the economy was expected to decline which raised the prospect of increased risk of non-repayment of debt. This has happened and it was not as scarey as some made it out to believe .NZ is in higher growth mode now so this area should now in theory be of less importance. For a while I thought Management were playing with mirrors the way the result was presented ,but when they bought Lynx Finace for $7M cash ,and not resort to issuing rights or notes or any other type of fund raising vehicles, it must show that the company is in good health.
Read my other post .re DPC
Cheers
Hoop