Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2001

[sharechat] Fisher and Paykel Splitup

From: "Philip Robinson" <pcr@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 12:33:33 +1200

Title: Message

Numbers:

Healthcare  1999A 2000A 2001A 2002F
Depreciation 3,327 4,603
Cap. Ex. 5,000 7,200 7,900
Revenue 118,649 143,822 192,843
Revenue Growth 21.2% 34.1%
Trading Profit 49,990 80,044
Profit Growth 60.1%
Appliances 1999A 2000A 2001A 2002F
Depreciation 41,774 42,344
Cap. Ex. 30,600 30,600 25,200
Revenue 529,487 624,820 692,669
Revenue Growth 18.0% 10.9%
Trading Profit 36,031 44,020
Profit Growth 22.2%
Finance 1999A 2000A 2001A 2002F
Depreciation 1,362 2,138
Cap. Ex. 3,000 2,000 2,800
Revenue 33,617 37,313
Revenue Growth 11.0%
Trading Profit 6,772 6,262
Profit Growth -7.5%

One has to ask when you get given something free whether you want to keep it or not, just like those in FLC choose to keep or turf Rubicon, FAP holders will have to decide what to keep and what to sell. From my reading the Healthcare division is a Keep, but what about the appliances and whiteware division?

Healthcare Profit/Revenue (2000) 34.8% (2001) 41.5%
Appliance Profit/Revenue (2000) 5.8% (2001) 6.4%
Finance Profit/Revenue (2000) 20.1% (2001) 16.8%

Looking good really, the trends are all up except Finance which had a bad year. Although Appliances has a low margin, Low ROA business they are still doing well, with the dishdrawer and everything in the States. I think I will be holding my Appliances/Finance Shares in the short term.

disc: Have FAP obviously

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] AIR NZ DARRYL TATOM