Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2001

[sharechat] So what is off topic and what is not?

From: "michael gore" <michgore@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 13:00:10 +1200

I wonder sometimes exactly what is off topic in this forum then?  I guess strictly speaking this forum is about shares and shares only.  Posts about global economic trends seem to be relevant and get taken up for discussion and property has been discussed because I guess those interested in the sharemarket are interested in INVESTMENT in general.  All of us by definition are using computers, and I personally would be OK with seeing the odd computer-use question posted. (so long as not too many) Tips on searching for sharemarket related info on the net perhaps?  We have a substantial collection of links posted and that seems to be cool with everyone but I've never seen discussion of how to use Boolean search tools for example.  Quite a lot of posts here are about companies I have no interest in.  But I can always just delete unread.
Oh well just curious to know what folks think.  I guess this post is in itself off-topic.  Uh-oh.
Michael

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Word documents michael gore