Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2001

[sharechat] u.s. market.

From: "Rodney Paterson" <rod.paterson@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 22:49:58 +1200

Great post Gerry, I lease a farm and at present farming has never been so good for a long time. If Goeff is leasing his farm out,farm gate prices and land values are particularly buoyant at present, and if there is going to be a slowing of the U.S. economy to the extent he predicts with assoc downturn of beef and dairy,then now would be an excellent time to get out and get into gold!
The best sheep and beef operaters are working on approx 10% return on investment. to be realistic our good times are largely exchange driven.Westpac
at the start of the year were predicting our currency to be.50 but for now the market has other ideas. In $ terms for every kilo of carcass weight (kgcwt) gain
a shift of .01 either way in our currency is worth .08 either way in our pocket.
A 300 cwt bull is $4.05-$4.10 a kgcwt at present. as to the future price of gold
i leave that to the market to decide.
rod

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Word documents Will Bryant