Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat]US Market

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 15:44:59 +1200

Geoff,

You mentioned that you had leased out your farm in connection with the coming ' disaster '.

Yes, things are tough alright, I read that 2/5 of the GDP of a number of Asian countries normally consists of  I T exports and the US did take the bulk of that!

And that trade has severely slowed down.

However, I don't think that you are the only one leasing out a farm.

I suppose you know that in a severe depression, farm prices tend to hit bottom. So, why not sell the farm now?

Apart from Niugini, most Aus. companies are still strongly hedged  ( they made a virtue of it ), so I suppose you would have bought US gold stocks?

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] LEARNING TO INVEST series...INDEX G Stolwyk