Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2001

Re: [sharechat] Books

From: "John Ascroft" <jascroft@jade.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:43:48 +1200

Alan,

Yes, I have read Trading your Way to Financial Freedom. I thought it was an excellent book, although my experience of other books in this area is limited.

What I really liked was that he emphasises a number of factors other than system in achieving desired results. In particular his sections on position sizing and exiting are very interesting. I would regard this as the main reason some of my bad decisions turned out to be unfortunate rather than disastrous!

This book does not suit someone who is looking for the perfect system for trading, but for anyone who wants a good overview of the factors that make up an investment environment and how to relatively safely invest in various terms it is good value.

John

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] JFK on Unlisted Philip Robinson