Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2001

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] FBU Please Explain

From: "i_claudius" <i_claudius@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:46:47 +1200

Yah...Ag sector and Tourism look good plays to me.I'm long WRI,RHD & THL.
TEL...I've burnt my fingers on many times.Just about given up trying to
understand it and just treat it as a range trade.
FBU...well part of the answer might be in the announcement this afternoon
about selling some Aluminium assets for $5m.At about 1.45c per share and
without any mention of what the asset book value was,its a bit hard to
rate.Don't think it warrants the price action we've seen recently though.I'm
on the wrong side of the curve but I have some confidence in FBU's ability
to disappoint the market...again.I wouldn't buy it until I see some concrete
evidence of an earnings improvement.Pardon the pun.