Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2001

[sharechat] FBU Please Explain

From: "i_claudius" <i_claudius@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:55:46 +1200

Why is Fletcher Building running so hard?
I appreciate that the building materials sector in Aus is doing well and
their construction market is looking brighter but FBU is predominately a NZ
domestic play apart from it's disastrous (and soon to be written down)
activities in South America.
Ralph Waters recently admitted nobody was interested in buying the steel
division and CAH (materials competitor) is not doing much.
Oh well,I can list a lot of reasons why FBU is overpriced but I'd really
like someone to tell me why it's trading at these levels.My usual sources
aren't telling me anything credible.

Discl:short & nervous