Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2001

[sharechat] Panic Index - vaccination required !!

From: "Colin Ross" <ceejaynz@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 10:11:01 +1200

Take a tip from the men on the land...
I have never failed to be impressed by the patience of the average Farmer in the face of adversity.
Bloat, Facial eczema, drought, flood  ..events that  frequently involve real and substantial losses are taken in stride, managed, and got on with..
As a small retailer, I would have equated these events with massive burglary, flood or fire damage, enough to drive me straight up the wall.
As Investors, we always need to be aware of downsides, and be prepared to manage them WHEN they occur.

Perhaps the longer perspective becomes more apparent as we get longer in the tooth ??

Ceejay