Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2001

Re: [sharechat] SCL Attn Phaedrus

From: K & A Frankum <frankum@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 23:57:12 +1200

Good question... Phaedrus.. I am a contrarian... I like stocks that are
out of favour as long as they meet certain parameters, currently some of
my favourite stocks are Tech related and selling for a fraction of what
I consider true value.
SCL is not a Tech stock, but it has a couple of wild cards in Bliss and
A2.
It has directors with a real stake in the company.
It is pretty much ignored by Share brokers and the financial press.
I agree it is not heavily traded but I couldn't give a fig ( in trading
terms it is a Telecom compared to some stocks I hold)...you see if I get
it right it will trade and at much higher prices some time... if I get
it wrong, which I do regularly, well its not a big deal.
Being a contrarian is at times hard work...by nature we are drawn to
follow the crowd... but I learnt a valuable lesson in 87 the crowd
doesn't know jack  s##t !. Remember little over a year ago when the
pundits were extolling the virtues of ADV at $5 plus.(I still don't like
ADV). or ITC at .80 cents plus.. they were fighting to buy TPC at $1.20
odd... selling for 15c today.
Don't get me wrong I am not trying to offend you, in fact I am
interested in your discipline, and have been impressed by your
postings... and I am certainly not looking to get into any
debates...suffice to say I would much rather buy my presents at the
Warehouse at 70% discount two days after Christmas..... cheers Keith.
ps. rereading the above.. I should note I have a few Buffett type stocks
stashed away for the long haul.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] RNS Decline ? Andrew Jamieson