Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2001

Re: [sharechat] calling london frucor drinkers ...whats happening??

From: "Nev Spin" <nev.spin@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 07:44:38 +0100

Having been over in the UK for over 2 years now, I can confirm that V was very hard to locate in West London last year. It was not stocked in any regularity in our larger supermarkets (except Tesco) until the last 5/6 months.

Things have changed for the better, at least in my local area, West Ewell, in West London.

- Asda (always has stocks of V)
- Tesco (often seems to run low on V however as this is our main supermarket we tend to shop after 8pm weekdays and maybe they probably have not restocked yet)
- Sainsbury (always seems to have V)
Price in the 88 - 99p range depending on the store

Our local Alldays store (bit larger than a corner dairy) carries it as well at £1.09 which is about the price in most service stations around us.

I am not sure on which area they are concentrating the new marketing campaign. Obviously with the huge market available directly in and around London, they seem to have stocked London stores with V. As for the actual TV advertising, I am happy to say that we watch little television so haven't seen anything from their latest campaign.

I hold a few thousand Frucor shares so do my bit to promote it over here, with some success among my English contacts. Sadly Red Bull is still everywhere and will remain so. As mentioned by others, a small share of this market is all Frucor needs.

So from bright and sunny south east England where we in our 'new' home have been very fortunate with only one day of rain in the last 4½ weeks. Lets not talk about the winter here though!

Cheers

Spin

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Beyer dumps 200000 shares in GPG DR