Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: [sharechat] a closer look at Capital Properties Annual Report

From: "Michael Gore" <michgore@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:34:49 +1200

Hi again Hugh!
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I recall you mentioning in this column
you live in the Christchurch area.  Do you ever look through Wellington's
Evening Post?  Every week, I think on Tuesdays, there is at the back of the
business section a few pages dedicated to commercial property.  Now I'm not
a religious reader of this section and I usually just look through and then
chuck it away but I recall generally positive reports about growing demand
for commercial space in Wgtn which would have to be good news for Cap Props
wouldn't it?  I wonder if the paper receives advertising revenues and is
predisposed to run bullish items?  Perhaps also at a quick glance it is
difficult to separate articles from advertising features.  Capital
Properties made a nice little run up to 96c or so recently which I had
assumed was due to the increasing demand in Wellington for office space that
I had been reading about in the paper.  When this share dropped down below
90c in the last few weeks, I had considered buying some.  Maybe I'm a little
off the mark.  I tried to look up some archived articles on the Stuff
website so I could post a link or two but sorry didn't seem to be any at
present.  But definetely there have been items printed suggesting growing
rental demand.  I am still trying to get my head around reasons why value of
both commercial and residential property in Wellington has been rising
against national trend.  Anyway your original post was interesting to me
because of this.  Cheers Michael