Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: [sharechat] TEL Long-term Chart

From: "pedro.nz" <pedro.nz@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 21:52:23 +1200

Thanks for posting the TEL examples Phaedrus.

A few more questions if I may...

a) Are the charts you have produced from one or more software packages, or have you produced them using a spreadsheet? I know you have mentioned MetaStock is very good for backtesting.

b) Where do you get the underlying historical shareprice data from and if you are updating daily is this data from the same source?

c) Should you use TA as an investment tool if you initially don't have a complete understanding of the underlying principals of each indicator and how it is calculated, or would you consider this inadvisable?

Pedro

ps.. I suspect I will have to do quite a lot of reading to come to grips with TA

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] LEARNING TO INVEST: List of recommended books D & C Adams