Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: [sharechat] PowerCo

From: Michael Duncan <m.duncan@mang.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 16:36:18 +1200

> Has been mentioned as a take-over proposition at times.
> Perhaps another reason?

Not so sure about take-over myself as there may be ongoing pressure
from Council owners in New Plymouth/Taranaki etc. to maintain
majority holding and subsequent dividends.  However if the offer is
good enuogh the board must consider I guess......

Recent rise just seemed odd to me having recently gone ex-div.  I
can see a few scenarios ala Utilicorp International strategy (here
= UNL).  Are they going to do a UNL and divest contracting??  Perhaps
there is something afoot with Telecom and network maintenance?

Anyone out three with other ideas??
Maybe it is simply that investors find the high div. and
relative security of the backing of a monopoly asset appealing.....

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Manure on the web site G Stolwyk