Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

Re: [sharechat] AFFCO

From: "Michael Phillips" <michael.p@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 19:13:06 +1200

Phil Boeyen wrote:

> The SSH you refer to means that Toocooya Nominees
> has increased its holding in AFF from 19.54% to
> 19.98%, purchased on 18 May.  They bought 900,000
> shares for $261,913.50.  Toocooya now hold  40,885,695
> shares out of a total issued of 204,585,483. You may
> recall it was Toocooya nominees who recently sold their
> stake in Richmond to PPCS.

Thanks for explaining the SSH notice.  Like Michael, I often struggle to
decipher whether they are increasing their interest or vice versa let
alone who the relevant party is.

To add further fuel to the fire, I heard a theory on Radio Pacific the
other day that whichever of the two parties finds Richmond too hot to
handle may transfer the focus of their attention to Affco.  Toocooya may
be going for two good gains in a short space of time.  Then again, they
may be in there for the long run.

Regards
Michael
===