Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2001

[sharechat] Technical Analysis.

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 19:04:32 -0700 (PDT)

Jason,
       It sounds to me as though you have leapt straight in at the deep end!
Trading using technical analysis without understanding the strengths,
weaknesses and appropriate applications for the various indices is a risky
proposition indeed. This is the time for you to be putting money into books and
other education rather than the market. Go to http://www.stanz.co.nz and read
everything in the "Education" section. You may want to consider joining STANZ
(Society of Technical Analysts of NZ). See also the 2 day training seminar
presented by Colin Nicholson. This would give you a sound introduction to
Technical Analysis. Colin is the chief tutor of Technical Analysis for training
courses run by the Securities Institute of Australia.
  To answer your question. If holding a rising stock, when to sell? When it
stops rising. If a stock is in a rising trend, the best way to detect the end
of the trend is by using Trend Indicators. My favourites are Trendlines,
Wilder's Directional Movement Index, MACD, Parabolic SAR, Polarized Fractal
Efficiency and Renko charts. I don't think Henley's has got all of these, but I
am not sure.
           Phaedrus.