Re: Re: [sharechat] dividend dates

From: "Peter Maiden" <pmaiden@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 19:23:31 +1200

Mike - if I understand your question right I take it you are wondering if you have to hold a share for a certain amount of time to qualify for a dividend.

The answer is no

Dividends are paid to those who are on the share registry at a certain date. For instance the record date for CEN's next dividend is 18/5/2001. Everyone who holds CEN shares on that date get the dividend that will paid on the 25/5/2001. This applies to those who bought shares on the 18/5/2001 - even though the price on that day generally reflects the dividend that will be paid.

No qualifying period needed - dividend paid to who holds them on a certain date.

Hope this explains

Cheers

Peter