[sharechat] Maria, Business Channels, Sky Digital & Saturn

From: "P Robinson" <fire_appliance@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 01:47:56 -0000

Peter,

Interesting as you know what they say children, animals and well...
attractive young women sell, so why not stocks.

I would like to say that people with Saturn get CNBC Australia and CNNf, the
CNN financial news channel. The CNBC feed used to be CNBC Asia, but they
have now launched CNBC Australia so things are a little bit closer to home
with the ASX and NZSE ticker alternating along the bottom of the screen,
interesting that they se AQL 21 as one of the stocks that needs its price
broadcast around the world on business TV, maybe they know something that I
don't.

The CNNf channel is unsurprisingly totally American with these really
frequent musical interludes when they cycle through the top, what seems like
40 stock exchanges in the world, some of these exchanges I have never heard
of. Anyway I don't get much out of CNNf seeing as my exposure to the
american market is rather small...well non existent.

But anyway sorry for the ramble...the point of this was to say that I really
like to watch the ASX market report (on CNBC Australia) which is on at 7, 9
and 11 (I think), which is quite light but gives an overview. The anchor
needs a new tie collection (doesn't quite move the markets like Maria), I
know this really good shop on Woodward street...anyway. Then they go to
London & Europe (where the anchor has an excellent taste in ties), and Asia,
as well as the American feed when appropriate. If you have SKY Digital or
Saturn and haven't had a look, have a glance.

Phil