[sharechat] Spectrum Resouces

From: "Tony Frodsham" <frodders@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 16:02:41 +1200

What does the Board think of Levison's resignation as Executive director of
Spectrum?

The market seems to like the idea - price up 6% today.

Interesting to see how the resignation was reported in the NZ Herald this
morning compared to the actual NZSE release yesterday.  The Herald mentions
that Levison was the chap who "transformed" the company from mining to
technology.  As a former Asian Minerals investor I'm sure the WelTech
acquisition had gone ahead before Levison was hired?

The Herald also quotes Levison as saying that no further acquisitions were
on the agenda.  However the NZSE release has the Board of SPE confirming
that new opportunities for investment are being explored.  Seems a bit
strange?

What doesn't seem strange is the Board's comment that a replacement will not
be sought.  So much for Levison's talents being "under used".  What has he
actually achieved during his time with the company?

As a SPE shareholder I look forward to an improved direction from the Board,
more frequent information releases and a tighter cost structure going
forward.  I still see a lot of upside in SPE as Weltech/Kinetiq becomes more
visible throughout North America.

Thoughts?

Tony