Re: [sharechat] RBC Sell????

From: "Christopher" <devereux@voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 21:45:17 +1200

Chris, I'm not convinced that we will see CAH proceed with an offer for CNI. Suspect that they have sufficient forestry assets under lock and key . So why ask the Commerce Commission if they can proceed ? Ask FBU why they keep applying for permission to acquire STU. Keeps their options open I suspect. CAH have probably chewed their way through a fair chunk of the COPEC funds by now , meaning more bank debt and / a cash issue  and / an overseas partner to assist with acquiring the CNI assets. CAH are probably more interested in further downstream operations.
 Most analysts continue to dislike CAH on fundamentals, however using looking at a chart over the last 18 months (  which is a reasonably long time period) and using a 30 week moving average ( which is a reasonably conservative period) , the stock remains in an uptrend, to the analysts chagrin. technically the stock remains a 'bu
 Certainly if the CNI assets are cheap enough, they may well have a crack at them.
  Hope my  comments provide some food for thought . Mark.