Re: [sharechat] Aussie taxation - a bit of elucidation

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 19:29:24 +1200

You don't actually get imputation on English shares in NZ but in a
particular class, I'll see if I can find it later and post - but anyone is
welcome to
beat me to it.
Out to Lunch .....you aren't subject to double taxation as such - you just
don't get
the Aussie version of imputation tax credits, although I guess that can be
viewed as a sort of double tax - first the Aussie company pays company tax
then you pay tax on the dividend.
Actually there are some other aspects of Aussie tax I'd like to find out
about...
anyone know of a good question and answer session on it...hey Ben, how
about
arranging for an Aussie tax expert to come on sharechat? and an NZ one on
condition of anonymity we'll all have to wear masks, muffle our voices and
assume false names like Marilyn Monroe.
Or an internet course?
What are you guys like on Australian slang?
What's 'a rat's coffin'?
I'll give you the answer in a posting tomorrow.
cheers,
Hugh
P. S. no progress as yet on OZ/NZ impution tax credits that I've heard of -
question for the tax expert.
----------
> From: Malcolm Cameron <malharcameron@hotmail.com>
> To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
> Subject: Re: [sharechat] Aussie taxation
> Date: Monday, 7 May 2001 17:12
>
> If one of the shares is BHP trade them in for biliton shares as you do
get
> allowances for imputation credits for english shares to the best of my
> knowledge. Or buy shares in companies that do not have many imputation
> credits like most listed australian property trusts
> Malcolm Cameron
>

> >From: "Out to lunch" <galeforce@hotmail.com>
> >To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
> >Subject: [sharechat] Aussie taxation
> >Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 01:28:50 -0000
> >
> >Hi everyone,
> >
> >Does anybody know what the state of play is with the refusal of
Australia

http://www.hotmail.com.