Re: [sharechat] FRU

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 17:57:08 +0000

> Looks like a classic overreaction to me,  i will be
> buying more first thing
> in the morning,  i read the announcement when came home from work
> and expected to find the shareprice down by around 20,  but 50!!!
> We all knew V had got off to a bad start, but this season
> sounds more promising

If my memory serves me correctly, 30 June 2001 (yep next month) is
the first chance for those people who own the rest of the Frucor
shares (49.9%?) of the company to sell down.

If the value of Frucor is between $1.95 and $2.25 with a
propsectus forecast profit of $20.3million dollars for year 2001 it
is clear that if the real profit is likely to be only $11m or so the
value of Frucor shares should be rather less.  How much less?  How
about a range of $1.05-$1.22?   That is what you get if you scale the
share price to the reduction in profit.

Even if $1.70 is the 'correct' price there is no guarantee it will
stay at that level in the near term.   FRU at $1.70 may seem low to
you, but to the insiders selling out at $1.70  will mean big
profits!   There is potential for more downside in the share price if
this happens.  Be careful. SNOOPY

(disc:  Do not own Frucor.  After reading the overhyped profit
projections in the prospectus, plus the looming cloud of the
management sell-down, decided not to invest, quite yet!)

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"You can tell me I'm wrong twice,
but that still only makes me wrong once."