Re: Re: [sharechat] Airline shares attn Greg

From: K & A Frankum <frankum@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 23:47:04 +1200

Thanks for that Greg,.. a very well researched answer to my question. You are right they are different, or maybe more extreme ( they being Aussies in general)  the best Company's, and Individuals seem better focused more competent and more confident, their Olympic Swim team springs to mind, and Quantas correct me if I have it wrong have the best safety record of any International Airline ever.....  Yet they have more dodgy politicians, crooked cops,and recalcitrant marxist unions then one would like to poke a stick at, but the upside outweighs the down and I think NZ would in general benefit from a infusion of the Aussie go get em attitude.
The other benefit of the Aussie culture for New Zealanders  is...if you are ever overseas, and have behaved in a particularly loutish, boorish or drunken fashion just say your from Australia... people generally expect it or at least except it.   cheers Keith.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Newcall Group Adrian & Vanessa