Re: [sharechat] 04-23-01: actualdepth(TM) Monitors Incorporate Elo TouchSystems Surface Wave Technology for True Pressure Sensitive Dual Layer Depth Control

From: "Nick McVerry" <nick@wake.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 21:02:24 +1200

Can't say I am an expert on touch screen technology this quote sort of sums
it up:

Adrian Scott, Elo TouchSystem's director of Sales for Australia and New
Zealand, said, ``This is the first time a multi-dimensional touch monitor
has been offered to the industry. It marks a significant step in the
evolution of the touch interface between people and computers. Users can now
touch the same surface area on a screen and by varying the amount of
pressure applied, select objects displayed in either the foreground or
background.''

So its your normal touch screen with the added third dimension, sounds quite
cool - not to mention expensive.

Nick McVerry
nick@wake.co.nz
http://www.wake.co.nz