Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

RE: [sharechat] CNIFP

From: Mick Clifton <Mick.Clifton@eskimo.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 12:00:44 +1200

Thanks Greg & Gerry
Greg - Thanks for the article - Its interesting to read that the forestry could fetch 2 billion considering it was
purchased for 2.2 in 1996. That is presuming the price was based on log prices at the time.
From memory I think I read somewhere that log prices have dropped 30-40% since their highs some 4-5 years ago.
Given this any company paying 2 billion for the assets based on current log prices would be crazy.......I think?
Cheers Mick