Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

Re: [sharechat] Sharetrading and tax

From: "nick" <acummin@es.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 23:00:44 +1200

   You probably could claim them them back , however if you do so, then
be prepared to have your future capital gains taxed as well at 33%.
     The capital gains tax on shares is very murky in this country, it
seems to be entirely at the discretion of the tax man.
    If i were you i would just put the losses down to experience, unless
you are already being taxed on capital gains
      nick