Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] ADV - more shareholder dilution to come?

From: "John Weernink" <johnw@cybernet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 20:34:55 +1200

Thanks for contribution Nick.

Fully agree that ADV is not a stock to touch at the moment.
Today up to 74 cents but the Volume is only $20,000!

I find it very conspicuous that there is hardly any news coming from
Advantage!
Wonder that when the real news comes, how bad it will be!!

Disclosure: None at present, sold out completely.

John

> john (and any others who want to listen!)

> Stay away from adv.  The share is heading south, has done for a number of
> months, and there are NO reasons pulling it the other way.
> It is a loser at the moment.  I agree wholeheartedly with gerry's
comments.
> Do not go near a share that is going south unless you can sell short.  If
you
> want to make money, why would you invest in a company that has a graph
that
> looks anything like ADV's.  It has all been downhill for ages.  The
opportunity
> cost of investing in it is huge.  If you are aching to throw some $$$ at
it
> then wait until it settles at a price.  Your guess is as good as mine as
> what that might be but it certainly isn't settled yet.  Stay away until
then I
> say.
>
> Cheers
>
> NK
>
> From: "John Weernink" <johnw@cybernet.co.nz>
> Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:22:44 +1200
> To: <sharechat@sharechat.co.nz>
> Subject: Re: [sharechat] ADV - more shareholder dilution to come?
>
> Peter,
>
> Thanks for your background info of ADV. To be quite frank, ADV give me the
> creeps!! I have been in and out of it a few times. Bought and sold last
week
> because I didn't like what I heard and read. Having knowledge of the IT
> industry in New Zealand, work is drying up fast which does not bode well
for
> ADV either. I think the next point to consider stepping in is at 30-40
cents
> and even then there may be further room to the downside.
>
> Anyone else who can shed some more light on ADV, please contribute to the
> panel.
>
> John
>
> Peter's Email:
>
> So an analyst said it was unlikely that Advantage's share price would
> increase in the foreseeable future (Infotech - Monday) and other analysts
> are pointing out that current market cap of $46M is less than the total of
> it's acquisitions over the past two years.
>
> If some 'earnout targets' are met by Aldridge Punter they are due another
> $1M next week. If paid in shares another 1.4 million shares needs to be
> issued - quite a significant dilution of existing shareholders interests.
>
> A few other deals structured this way with possibly (depending on these
> earnouts) more payments (or share issued) being made to pay the balance of
> acquisitions. Whether cash payments are made or shares issued it impacts
> adversely on shareholders.
>
> I lost count of the number of options issued to staff and under the staff
> incentive scheme last year. Are these now paid in real dollars now the
share
> [...]

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Brierley -(Q fromLucille) Lucille