Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

[sharechat] problem shares

From: Dick O Connor <problast@altavista.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2001 01:08:16 -0700

Bill  O’Neil is an American who was once a sharebroker and went on to establish
the Investor’s Business Daily about 16 years ago. At one time, when he was
concentrating on investing, he averaged a 40% return annually for 10 years -
quite outstanding.
Now we can learn from this man and what he learned to do  because his lessons
are published free on the web site of his business newspaper. The  address is
www.investors.com
I mention this because a number of postings to this site recently have
demonstrated once again the problems some people newer to investing have from
buying poor shares (like Air NZ and Advantage) and then holding onto them far
too long – a mistake I am all to familiar with myself.
If you go to the  O‘Neil site  you will find a bar across the window near the
top offering choices. Click on the botton saying IBD learning centre and this
will take you into quite a long series of lessons.  They are worth spending a
bit of time with. They are apparently based on a book he wrote some years ago
and they point you in the direction of investing in better shares and avoiding
the less worthwhile.

http://www.shopping.altavista.com