Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

[sharechat] Contact Negative News?

From: "Michael Traill" <mjtjmt@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:44:35 +1200

Funny old thing these markets.
S&P  downgrade a couple weeks ago brought a swift reaction to the share price and it fell quickly on this,then recover as investors had time to digest the impact.

Today's headline
Contact Energy's forecast earnings for the 2001 year have been cut by analysts by "tens of millions of dollars"
What do investors think  about this ? Well the price today has had a run as one would expect but today's run ,at present ,is up. I'm not entirely unhappy as I sold today.
I am however slightly confused as the impact of news,logic and share prices .Then again my logic may need a tune up.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Contact Negative News? Malcolm Cameron