Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

Re: [sharechat] Brierley -(Q fromLucille)

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 21:57:47 +0000

> Could some one give me some advice on Brierley I have them on the
> Singaporean exchange as I thought that was the thing to do at the
> time Now apparently I have to pay exchange rate to the Singaporean
> exchange. Is this correct and how much is it?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'exchange rate' in this
context.  If you sell shares in Singapore they will be sold for
Singapore dollars, which will have to be converted to $NZ if you
want to spend the money here.   Usually any charges are built into
the exchange rate the banks give you at the time.  It's no big deal.

> Can I sell them on the  web?

Probably, but whether it is worth opening an account with a specific
broker on the web just for this, I am not sure.   you will probably
have to ask the nominee company that holds the shares on your behalf
(CRS Nominees Limited?)  what to do.

> I also changed some into conv. notes What has happened to them
> I haven't heard anything. I hope someone can give me some info That
> would be great.

Very good question.  I think that they were meant to be tradeable on
the New Zealand market in some form.  However one of the risks noted
in the prospectus was that no ready market may exist for them.
Perhaps they are unsaleable? SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"Dogs have big tongues, so you can bet they don't
bite them by accident"