Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2001

[sharechat] RMG (Reck My Gains)

From: "Wayne McDonald" <wayne.mcd@voyager.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 19:08:04 +1200

Hey - maybe I can't spell, but I can add. Seems RMG had a few problems
calculating how much those petroleum companies contributed to their
turnover. I recall Seafresh (SFH) has similar problems working out what it
is they have made or lost, or is that lost, no hang on ....  - changes well
after the event - feeling inspired?

I always did wonder what happened to the Sharechat Q&A as referred to by the
Moffats - that was our warning.

I see the suggestion of contacting their web site. They are very prompt -
refer my previous posting below.

Sour grapes - Me? Well yes, and no? Unfortunately for someone, they managed
to buy a number of RMG shares off me Monday morning at 23 cents - as Susan
of Herne Bay says it is all about timing. Anyone want some options????

Again Cheers,
Wayne

Below my posting to Sharecat of 18 March:

How can investors get a fair go when they are left in the dark?

At no stage did the date of the proposed date for the RMG announcement
appear in the stock exchange investor diary - unless I missed it!

Even on the Newstalk ZB business show a week and a half ago, one of the
correspondents was asked to comment on RMG, by Larry Williams. The
commentator suggested a result announcement would be made in a couple of
weeks, and also suggested the stock could be in for a re-rating following
this - hmmm!

I sent an e-mail to RMG Friday of the week before last via their web site
requesting when their result may be announced. I received a very prompt
reply suggesting I e-mail their Finance Director based in Melbourne - which
I did. Still waiting on a reply.

Now they release their result by stealth late on a Friday - is this what is
meant by PR?

I am just glad that the result was so good, and there will be a real
shortage of scrip on Monday?? Or will there?

Cheers,
Wayne

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] AQL & CSN Teddy Wu