Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2001

Re: [sharechat] RMG - time to buy / time for bye-bye?

From: "Dave" <sausage@thenet.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:42:59 +1200

I think a lot of people were expecting some sort of miracle from this
company.
I'm not particularly worried with its situation at the moment. Since listing
it has systematically taken over 22 other companies. This is bound to strain
the financials in anybody's books.

The question, as other chatters have pointed out, is can the company bring
it all together and realise the synergies and scale benefits from creating a
firm with a regional presence? Obviously there is a lot of inherent risk in
this stock at the mo. - the company has undertaken an agressive strategy
which could result in disaster or huge growth.

Personally I've put my money where my mouth is and banked on the later. Give
them six months if you can bear the risk. I think a lot of the worrying
points in the financials are one offs.
The receivables management market is evolving rapidly at the moment so I
think there is lots of potential for big players.

Dave