Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2001

[sharechat] RBD

From: matdebat@fire-engine.co.nz
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:23:57 GMT

I'm not surprised RBD excluded there Pizza Hut same store sales in their
report as after paying a significant price for Eagle boys they then gifted
a fair chunk of the their customers to the competition by chucking out the
brand (may have been a condition of the purchase, not sure), which
basically means more stores, less customers!  I'm not convinced Starbucks
is ever going to be big contributer (compared to KFC or Pizza Hut) as
coffee generally has good margins but low volumes and their imported
prepackaged coffee is always going to be on the back foot when competing
against the freshly roasted coffee found at cafes like Columbus, Atomic and
those supplied by Allpress (to name a few).
This message has been Red Mailed. -- http://www.fire-engine.co.nz

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] RMG half year result Peter Maiden