Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2001

re: re: re: [sharechat] beat the brokers competition

From: Mike Hudson <MHudson@placemakers.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 09:31:46 +1300

Hugh wrote

"I've kept out of beat the brokers competition lately because as you all
probably know by now I think its aiming at the wrong objective (simpleminded
short term capital growth instead of substantial permanent value
enhancement) ..........."

The only objective is to have a bit of fun. However I would remind you that
that dividends are taken into account in calculating the value of the
portfolios; it is assumed that dividends are reinvested at the price ruling
on the day they are paid. Therefor total value enhancement is taken into
account albeit over the short term of one year.

TWR is the only pick to have paid a dividend so far this year.

There are several portfolios which are composed largely of income (mostly
property) shares which in the event of falling interest rates could produce
significant capital gains as well.

Yours simplemindedly
Mike H

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] offesive/irrelevant postings Michael Gore