Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] Beat the Brokers competition

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 21:45:18 +1300

I've kept out of beat the brokers competition
lately because as you all probably know by now
I think its aiming at the wrong objective (simple
minded short term capital growth instead of
substantial permanent value enhancement) and also
I apologise if the 'sorry' meant that the posting wasn't
meant for Sharechat but presumably even in terms
of the inverted values of the BTB the below is a joke?
cpt kip pfi ffs bry

Here we have 3 income stocks which will go nowhere
in shareprice appreciation unless there is a dramatic
collapse in interest rates.- cpt kip pfi
admixed with what presumably is hoped to be a recovery
stock in ffs even though log prices are continuing right down
and will stay down with the weakening world economy
and presumably what is also hoped to be a recovery stock
in bry even though its also hopelessly bogged down in
commodities (airlines, hotels, undevelopable Hawaiian real
estate etc).

On the positive side I'll throw a couple of little teasers but I'm
afraid I'll neither confirm nor deny if anyone hits the mark
as I hope to use these ideas after I come back from my
Australian tour in mid April.
The teasers are (a) after carefully checking through the Forum
discussions and the message boards I can't see any discussion
of what I think will be the hottest share this year....and no, it isn't
one that I've mentioned previously
                        (b) there is an entire sector of companies that I
think will be the beneficiary of solidly based technological growth
from a surprising spin-off and I think they will take off although it
may be months or even one or two years before it happens.

There, that should get you going.

cheers,
Hugh