Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2001

[sharechat] Fw: May the FORCE be with you all

From: "Sam Marment" <samm@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 10:38:39 +1300

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 8:35 PM
Subject: May the FORCE be with you all

 A suggestion for next weeks census....

 Question 18 deals with religion. If, like me, you believe in no one
 specific religion or just simply object to answering that particular
 question, then please consider the following alternative...

 We are trying to encourage people to tick the 'other' box, and then
 fill their religion in as "JEDI" - all Star Wars fans will understand, but
 the point of the exercise is two-fold...

 1. If 8000 people throughout New Zealand do this then JEDI will
 become an officially recognised religion, which would be a laugh, and

 2. It's a bit of an experiment in the power of email, as that has
 been our primary means of communication (that's not to say that you can't
tell
 others about in other ways).

 I urge you to do the above and pass this message/idea on to as many
 of your friends, relatives etc as you can, so we can reach the magic number
of
 8000. Be swift as we don't have a lot of time left!

 May the Force be with you