[sharechat] Know your company's management? A contrarian view

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 07:41:44 +1300

Came across an interesting article in Forbes magazine the other week - check
it out here:

http://www.forbes.com/global/2001/0219/065.html

It's about a fund manager in the States who, considering the size of his
fund, takes an unusual approach to his investments.  His secret?  Don't
interview the management of a company.  Here's an excerpt:

'"Why should I talk to the ministers of propaganda?" he says. "I want to see
what people do, not what they say." Instead, he says, look at the financial
statements, especially footnotes.'

Interesting approach.

Best Regards

Ben Dutton
(Disc. I still like to know the management - but the article did make me
think).

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Address Dave Hawthorne